Thursday, September 4, 2008

Staying Put

We're staying. We decided we'd get through the storm better here at Jabin's. So, that's OK. There's lots to do around Annapolis. I've also found the best stocked grocery store I've seen since we moved on the boat. It's just over a 1 mile walk from the boat, but worth the effort. The plan now is to go back to Rock Hall on Sunday. I'll definitely be making one more run to the store before we head out.

I took Quinn to the Chesapeake Children's Museum today. We have definitely been spoiled by the Chicago CM, but for $3 per person, it was worth it. Quinn got to play with a few other kids his age and he had a great time. Tomorrow I will probably take him to the Annapolis Mall for a while. It's supposed to start raining here in the afternoon and not stop until sometime Saturday night so I need to get him off the boat to do something or he gets a little stir crazy. It'll be worth the offensive price for the cab ride. Plus I can finally get Quinn's hair cut. Leslie, I'm trying to muster up the courage to do it myself... I'm just not there yet. I don't want to screw it up so bad I have to buzz him.

2 comments:

Cara said...

C'mon Jen, a really bad home-spun hair cut is a rite of passage we all must face sooner or later, just let Quinn get it over with while he's still too young to be permanantly scarred by it. Also: Remember to take photos for future humiliation/black mail. xoxox
P.S. "Walking just over a mile to the grocery store" is Reason #167 on that list of why you won't be running into me out there on the high seas anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

Get everything tied down good, gather up a few movies and books and ride this one out.
To put a positive spin on this "below deck family bonding", it is always a good time to have a scavenger hunt for all those little places where water can get into the boat from above the water line.
Stay safe and dry. Matt.