Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Web Site Issues

So, Google has fixed whatever issue was going on with the embedded google earth app that I was using for our position pages. So, cleaning that up is now on the back-burner. However, I have recently started using Google Chrome, and duh, the object I was using for our photo gallery only works properly in IE. I'm working on changing it so it will work cross-browser, but it's going to take some time. I found a flash gallery I'd like to use, but it costs like $80, so I think I'd rather just develop something using java, but... like I said... that will take time. Non-IE users, please be patient with me. I'm aware of it and working on it.

UPDATE 5:40 PM: I have found a nice java app to modify for our photo gallery. Check out the latest photos at I finished updating St. Vincent & the Grenadines '11, and both Grenada pages.

UPDATE 0730/Aug 4: I am continuing to work my way backward. St. Lucia '11 is finished. I am very pleased with this new photo gallery and I hope you are, too. It even has a slideshow feature.

UPDATE 2300/Aug 12: Still working on converting all the photo gallery pages. Working backwards, I have finished through Guadeloupe '10. I know there's an open space in the gallery list, I will adjust everything when I have finished.

UPDATE 0500/Aug 27: I'm almost finished migrating all the photo galleries to the new format. I only have 2 left at this point, The Bahamas '09 and Charleston-Norfolk '09. Hopefully I can get those wrapped up in the next week or so. Then I'll begin working on changing the video player I use and getting our clips active again.