Monday, June 9, 2008

The Azores... or not...

Ok, so the boat didn't go to the Azores. It's at Porto Santo in the Madeira Islands. They had no wind and then prop trouble. See our homepage for photos (there are 2 new as of this post, one underway, one in Porto Santo marina). I will be updating our website with more photos and videos as I get them. I'm sure Gregg will be posting commentary here once he gets an opportunity. He is currently in Paris at a hotel - his flight doesn't leave until 11 a.m. or so tomorrow. He said he had been awake for the better part of the last 30 hours.

Back here in Chicago, the river we live on is at no wake because of the GIANT rain storm that went through here last night. The water level continues to rise, as our location is well downriver of the worst part of the storm (and it was pretty bad here so I can imagine what Milwaukee looks like this morning!). Anyway, it's gone up probably 2 inches in the last hour or so.

My two weeks alone with Quinn have been spent weaning the boy of pacifiers. First week was HORRIBLE. Progress is slow. I have bruises.

No comments: