Monday, May 26, 2008

Les Sables-d’Olonne...

...is the current location of the boat. Gregg is at this very moment on his way there as he will be sailing as crew with the delivery company from Les Sables D’Olonne to somewhere in the Azores. I will update this post with coordinates as I get them.

Apparently, the departure of the boat was delayed due to a blockade of the port by French fishermen protesting fuel prices.

Update - 5:30 p.m. CDT: I heard from Gregg. First off, he said the boat is beautiful! The departure has been delayed a bit more due to weather. They are now scheduled to set sail on 5-29-08. Hmmm... a couple extra days in a marina on the coast of France. I can think of worse ways to spend my time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gregg and Jen, very nice vessel!! I hope you have fair winds and calm sea's on your trip from France to the U.S. Please let us know if you need anything here in the Chesapeake Bay Region and we will take care of it for you.

Kevin and Andrea Coleman